Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Bored of chores

These past few days I've had a little more free time than usual, and my girlfriend has had a little less due to midterms. As such, I've been doing a little more than my share of chores, which is totally reasonable. In the midst of putting on the newly laundered pillow cases, I started to think about what it would be like if I ended up a house-husband - basically just doing chores all day. Freaked me out. It's unbelievable to me that there are 1) people that do that, and 2) people that WANT to do that.

I know a few girls that wanted to be a housewife all their life, and I used to think that's completely reasonable, if not enviable. I wanted to just be taken care of an not have to stress about work. But now with just a little taste of it, I'm clearly not built for that. Oh well, I guess I'll have to have a job the rest of my life after all.

I'm just spoiled.

No comments: