Monday, May 7, 2007

Marking a bad day

Today is a bad day. It didn't start out bad, but it turned bad in the middle, and only got worse.

I always knew that when my body is in pain, my mind suffers as well. It's hard to concentrate, my mood sucks, my temper flares. What I didn't really realize, or maybe I guess I just forgot since it hasn't happened in so long, is that when your mind suffers, your body suffers too. Trembling fingers, shortness of breath, pain in your gut, feeling ready to puke... You'd think evolution would be smarter than that. I can see value in having your mind understand physical pain so you can do something about it, but I don't see any benefit in your body feeling your mental pain other than making you feel even more like crap.

I guess it's good to know I'm human and I have feelings, but I wouldn't mind just being a machine for a while right now.

Johnny 5 anyone?

No comments: