Tuesday, July 17, 2007

One down... how many more to go?

My first study is officially complete - software strategy validated, recommendations for improvement made.

All kinds of fun reviews happen now - always framed in the context of self improvement - for me, the team, the people we worked with.... surveys galore. At the end of the day though, I think only these 3 dimensions really matter (on a scale of 1-10)

Learning: 3
Even though this was my first study, since I knew the content, and I know how to build slides, I didn't end up learning all that much

Impact: 2
Client was on the path already and working through a lot of the issues. We helped them a little bit around putting things together and providing an objective opinion, but these guys knew what they were doing - just needed a kick in the pants.

Fun: 6
The team was very casual and people were friendly. Lots of mentorship and Sakura got to come to spend an all expense paid (well sort of) weekend. Can't complain. Of course there were some late nights and random deadlines that were kind of crazy.

Next stop, San Diego on Monday. I almost had to go to Denver / Dallas, but at the last minute, a partner on this study snatched me up. Another short study, and I have a feeling this one is going to be even more insane.

For now, I'm trying not to think about it - my mom just got us a Wii and a few games, as well as Guitar Hero II. Oh and Harry Potter as well - more than enough to keep me occupied. So much to do and so little time... sigh....

No comments: