Monday, March 26, 2007

Back to home base

Just got back to HK last night and still suffering from withdrawal symptoms of not having my ChunSa around. Ah well, distance makes the heart grow fonder.



There's a ton of pictures from the trip, and I'll post up some later when I have a chance, but I'm trying to be productive today and work on the pre-work for my new job. Just finished the pre-assessments and now I have to go through all the individual study modules. They weren't kidding when they said it would take 35 - 80 hrs for all of this stuff. Lots of good finance stuff that's bringing back memories of accounting and finance back at school... nice...



Of course, once I start trying to do work, I end up also finding ways to distract myself from accomplishing the said work. As such, I've just started checking out Penny Arcade courtesy of an article in Time, and my wonderful sister has introduced me to Dlisted, as part of her education of websites NSFW (not suitable for work for the non-gen whatever we're on now).




This comic in particular caught my attention since this is the type of ridicule typically reserved for Microsoft services - and to be honest, the Xbox Live and Zune Marketplaces have pretty similar purchase processes - but it's pretty darn great to see someone else get smacked around for once.


Three cheers for crappy user experiences!

1 comment:

Sara Songi said...

cutie.. see u procrastinate too.. no one likes to do boring work, why be productive when u can read about britney's latest psychopathic behavior