Sunday, April 22, 2007

Errands errands errands

Busy week coming home after being out for 2 months. Lots of errands and other things to take care of. Things that happened while I was gone:

- Car insurance expired
- Cellphone bill was due
- Second drive on my desktop died
- Media Center PC got ridiculously loud in my living room
- Fidelity sent me a new end of year summary with some changes
- Relocation bonus and health care reimbursement arrived
- We got a new mailman (who decided to ask my girlfriend out... hm...)
- Renewed our lease at our apartment
- HBS declined my petition to defer admission
- A bunch of my friends at MS got promoted! Congrats!

So spent the past few days getting all settled in, cleaning things up, and going through the errands. Ugh. Not much fun, but had to be done. In between I played a little Lost Planet, DOA Xtreme 2, and God of War 2. Kind of sad that there really aren't any very exciting 360 games out still, although I must say Crackdown is entertaining.

As part of unpacking, I picked out 3 bags of clothes/shoes that we were able to give to Goodwill today. Seems to wasteful to think that we spent so much money on nice branded clothing, and I just end up giving it away. Oh well, so you might see a homeless person with a Armani sweater.

Oh and thanks to Tae, my Media Center is a lot quieter. We had to get a new case and a new fan, but now it's pretty sweet. Yes, I have been asked MANY time why a computer science and electrical engineering major from MIT can't fix my own computer - well I can tell you how the chips or capacitors work, but I can't tell you how to stick a fan on a motherboard. Strange I know. I actually tried to fix my computer before, and I ended up frying my processor and it cost me a few hundred more. Yes, I was VERY annoyed. So after that, I've been pretty hesitant about doing anything with hardware. Anyway, thanks Tae. In case you were wondering, the case is an Antec Sonata. We saw it at Fry's and was sold on it's marketing "Silence is Beautiful". Gotta give them props for hitting exactly what I was looking for. Here's the case:


So Friday night was just crazy. I'll have to describe it later. Let's just say - All you can eat sushi/Japanese food at the nicest Japanese restaurant in town (which is not an all you can eat restaurant) - thanks Edmundo, and a bottle of Captain, a bottle of Jack, and half a bottle of Absolute...

No comments: