Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Tale of Two Dinners

So as I said before, Edmund treated on Friday at Nishino, and it was pretty ridiculous. Their food is pretty good - small delicate flavorful portions on par with upper Japanese restaurants in Asia. But when you order like we do, well, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.


I especially love the picture of the toro. About $145 a head = 4 meals at Todai. Hmm....

Then yesterday Peter treated at Restaurant Zoe. Food was ok. I think it might be because it was a Monday and so their head chef was off? Or maybe it's just not my kind of food. Firstly, food took FOREVER to come out. Secondly, their choice of ingredients were not very good - the steak was tough, the tuna had a string of tendon in it, and their scallops were tiny. Thirdly, their mixture of tastes were a little off - the Foie Gras was good, but then they have this random stuff around it that just washes the taste away. Their menu is "different", so I guess it's good if you are looking for something unique for the sake of uniqueness. About $100 a head.

Hard for me to say though, I'm biased towards Asian food. I still owe a meal I think, so we'll have to see where we go next. Going back to one we've already been is safe, but maybe we'll try something new... hm.... Maybe we'll wait for Kenny and Joe to visit.

No comments: